Follow

CONFESSIONS


Below is the poem entitled CONFESSIONS which was written by poet Victor Chukwuka.
Please feel free to comment on this poem. However, please remember, Sublimepoems is a place of encouragement and growth.
Read Poems by Victor Chukwuka
Best Victor Chukwuka Poems


CONFESSIONS
I knew from deep within my soul
A day as this would finally come
When Id have to profess from my heart
This love I feel which I still cannot fathom
It was on a night as this
Solemn but beautiful, more so as the stars begin to manifest
All seemed to be in place on this special day
I never knew would turn out to be my happiest
There I sat on the wooden rocking chair
As it moved me back and forth
The night was young, still I felt by myself
all alone
As I turned my gaze up north…….
To behold the spectacle before my eyes
I sat there speechless as I watched you pass by
Id never seen one so perfect, with eyes as a dove
Somehow I felt you were an angel descended from the sky.
There and then, I was caught up in your charm
This was love staring me in the face
I arose with the conviction to take this chance
Cos you were out of the ordinary, one I could never replace
Close enough did I get to your arms length
Reached for your hand but fear got in the way
My legs unsteady and with a shaky voice
A harmless Hi was all I could bring myself to say.
You turned to see who it was
I could clearly sense my soul
Fading away as I stood expecting the worst,
My emotions at this point I could not control.
But I was taken aback by your gentle response
You answered me with the most amazing smile
Of any other lady Id ever come across
That day you proved to be to me the most nubile
We got talking and you took an instant liking for me
Truth be told, I hadnt the faintest idea,
I couldnt tell why toward me you felt this way
You didnt care to know if I had in me an ulterior agenda
Well, time seemed to have moved past eons in that second
It took both of us on this journey
As we both basked in the euphoria of that golden moment
And enjoyed each others company
Time afforded me yet another opportunity to get a glimpse of your eyes
Once more I looked into them and was filled with awe
I could not imagine how you could look this beautiful
Made perfect, without any flaw
My hands strayed to touch your cheeks
Truly, words fail me in describing what I felt
I sat there stunned while you smiled on not knowing
You just made my heart melt.
There and then I knew Id found true love
Something worth for as a man
Had crossed my path and I would cherish this
For as long as I possibly can.
Because no one ever made me feel this way
In my whole life as you did in that moment
That night I will always remember for time to come
Because of you, Im totally different
With every single breath, I will continue loving you
Cos I cant imagine living this life
If youre not at the centre of it
Without you, I see nothing but loneliness and strife
My feelings for you has not changed,
It grows deeper by the passing of each day
Youve become a greater part of my world
And I could never do anything to make you go away.

By Victor Chukwuka.
……For all lovers of good poetry
Form- lost Love

NEXT POEM- WHEN LOVE DIES

 



 




What would happen if love were to die? Find out in this exquisite piece...
Share on Google Plus

About Victor Chukwuka

Blogger, Fashion Icon, Online PR, An Avid Reader

0 comments: