Follow

Regretting Cake

 This year at the July Fourth feast,
  I felt like a ravenous beast.
  No breakfast I'd had;
  my hunger was bad.
  My pangs were soon to be decreased.

  The hotdog with coleslaw was great.
  The burger, I snatched from my plate.
  Grilled veggies, some chips,
                                                                          and various dips
                                                                          all made my vast hunger abate.

                                                                          Then I eyed the cookies and pies.
                                                                          Resisting, I surely felt wise.
                                                                          But then I'd partake
                                                                          of caramel cake.
                                                                          Ensuing were over-full sighs.

                                                        By Canerdy Janice
Share on Google Plus

About Victor Chukwuka

Blogger, Fashion Icon, Online PR, An Avid Reader

0 comments: