Follow

"Longing for you"


  Below is the poem entitled  
"Longing for you"
which was written by poet  
Victor Chukwuka .
Please feel free to comment
on this poem. However, please 
remember,  SublimePoems is a 
place of encouragement and growth.

Read Poems by Victor Chukwuka

"Longing for you"



I sit here longing for your smile,
The stars appear away by a mile,
though I can touch them
with these hands of mine so firm. 

I wait here hoping you'd come
As the night awakens and stars form,
A perfect moment would this be,
A night as this, I wish we both would see,

I long for your laughter,
The sweetness of it which makes my heart quiver
As leaves do under rain showers,
And a man on his knees for long hours.

Would you be here today?
Could you afford me yet another chance to say,
To you these words I hold in my heart,
hoping with it we both would have a new start.

I want to be with you under the canopy,
Of these trees arranged as one in harmony,
You and I under their protective shades,
Tell you stories as the night fades,

I ask of you this one chance,
And promise you'll have your fill of love and romance.

©Victor Chukwuka
September 15, 2016.

Form - Love
Share on Google Plus

About Victor Chukwuka

Blogger, Fashion Icon, Online PR, An Avid Reader

0 comments: