Follow

Forever in memory’s hands




In this quite rainy day, I gently sat by the door
Hoping to feel the warmth of the cool breeze more
In the twinkle of an eye, It whooshed past, bearing a pleasing odor
I thought within myself “I’d perceived this smell before”         
Then up I looked to behold the man who walked by
He moved so swiftly, I wondered if he was gonna fly
 Trailing closely behind him was the most amazing smell
In my life I’d ever felt.

It clingled to his skin and troubled my dear nose
Deep down, I tried to remember who’d it on before and I almost froze
“To the emotions, memory can really bring up hidden pains”
Those thoughts you’d presumably assumed would never surface again……
It wasn’t hard to remember; in fact it came to me with a spark
Steadily it surfaced, those lengthy secrets dark
The image was clear, her picture vivid
Still, I was not at all livid
Cos all I wished to see
Was her sitting right next to me?
Gosh!!! I perceived the smell of her skin
Lost for words at just how long it’s been
I wasn’t scared cos events played out like the lines in a fairy-tale
Within my bones lied the strength to go up against a million
 and not bail
Into the sky blue, I looked and saw her smile
T didn’t even matter that she was far away miles
Cos love’s true nature, in her  is best defined
And I sincerely believe both our hearts are closely intertwined
 Sadly,no longer did she exist in reality,
This is one fact I sincerely agree
Still in my eyes and my colorful world, she's more alive
Than any creature, beautiful or ugly that possesses life
I reached out to hold her hands in mine, sadly she wasn't there
Then I thought it unacceptable, and certainly not fair
Because she means the world to me
And without her welcoming presence, I truly possess no eyes to see
 I could never forget the sweetness in her smell
Therein, my very own soul longs to forever dwell
It doesn’t matter that she's gone,
(Which makes me sad cos nothing could be done?)
Still, she forever holds a special place in my heart,
Where we’ll both be together and never apart
This special dame brought into my life untold glee,
Forever united will be our hearts Chemistry
She purchased Love for a soul that’s long been worn out
And gave it without prejudice or any iota of doubt
"Dear you saved my life, now I’ve got to live up to yours
I’m not gonna listen to what anyone says, cos it’s all false.
In you lies the most amazing fragrance,
One that gives my life more meaning and excites my soul to dance
Though, its sad that you can no longer be with me, though physically
Which sort of gives me this creepy feeling of guilt and misery
When you departed from this earthly shore, I was left dumbfounded
I thought heaven’d left me forever grounded
But every now and then, I hear your angelic voice
With a soothing whisper, saying that in life,
being happy is a matter of choice."
I feel safe knowing your spirit is still very much around
And though I walk in gloom, I’ll still be found
Cos as the stars smile on all creatures at Midnight
And as all things physical is seen bare at the dawn of Sunlight
Your invincible presence lingers behind me closely,
With the hands of love, wiping away every folly.
The news of your demise made my cry and bemoan,
I could do nothing but helplessly groan
I know I’d lost a star
A most prized jewel, the greatest by far
Initially, hard was it for me to cope
Cos I was done with relying on the shaky hands of hope
But along the line, your smell caught my attention
And changed my thinking to one with a positive reaction
No longer on my bed will I ever sob,
Cos with the winds went my heartthrob
When sadness looms, I’ll think of your gracious smell
And awake “from deep slumber” the day in love with you I fell…….
     
 -By Victor Chukwuka- 
                                          Copyright 2016.
Share on Google Plus

About Victor Chukwuka

Blogger, Fashion Icon, Online PR, An Avid Reader

0 comments: