Follow

MY BEAUTIFUL EFFIGY

Below is the poem entitled MY BEAUTIFUL EFFIGY which was written by poet Ifedayo Mayowa.
Please feel free to comment on this poem. However, please remember, Sublimepoems is a place of 
encouragement and growth.
Read Poems by Ifedayo Mayowa
Best Ifedayo Mayowa Poems

MY BEAUTIFUL EFFIGY

I grieve, 
But I do not grief for death,
Not for death? 
It's a grieve for the dead, 
But not of a thing that breathes 

Bitterness arrest my breast,
Woebetide my countenance 
That even an ocean of tears 
Cannot wash away the excruciating pain

I had my dream carved into a beautiful effigy  
Her beauty titilates my soul 
I polished her day and night, so she could shine brighter,
I shielded her away from the tiniest of smudge

I rose from slumber this morning,
Alas! My beautiful effigy
Had turned pieces of gravel scattered over the earth 
Tears welled up my eyes, but couldn't be shed

My heart aches, my soul broken
How have this come to be? 
My yesterday's beautiful effigy
Is now a piece of stone. 
Copyright ©   
Year Posted 2016
Form- Bereavement, Heartbreak
Share on Google Plus

About Victor Chukwuka

Blogger, Fashion Icon, Online PR, An Avid Reader

0 comments: