Follow

"WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?"



Below is the poem entitled "WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?" which was written by poet Victor Chukwuka.

Please feel free to comment on this poem. However, please remember,  
Sublimepoems is a place of 
encouragement and growth.
"WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?"

As I look into the future ahead,

I'm at a loss for words, wondering what's gonna happen next,

The night I read on your face the boldly written text,

And remembered all it was you said.



The first day we met,

I can't find the perfect words to explain that feeling,

As it were then, life to me had a new meaning,

One with no flaw or defect.



I promised you my heart; forever would it beat for you,

My soul, never would it wander far,

And body, to any other I wouldn't dare defer,

cos they found a happy dwelling in you.



In all of this, turned I out the fool,

To have never asked if you felt thesame way,

I thought the affection I gave was enough to make you stay,

I never knew I was just another pawn tool.



I remember the smiles you gave me,

When I held your hands, the chuckles I heard,

And all it was you said,

Lofty promises which never came to be.



Sadly, I can't bring myself to imagine why?

You had to toy with my emotions

Didn't you know it would set events in motion?

The pain I feel won't abate, the more I try,



I sit here wondering what's gonna happen next,

After all the grief and pain,

Could I ever bring myself to love again?

Just might be another lofty dream in this context.



Cos you shattered into pieces this heart,

And into painful fragments, tore it apart.




....for all lovers of good poetry

September 26, 2016
Form- Sad Love, Betrayal, Rejection
Share on Google Plus

About Victor Chukwuka

Blogger, Fashion Icon, Online PR, An Avid Reader

0 comments: