Follow

"Heartbroken"



Below is the poem entitled "Heartbroken" which was written by poet Victor Chukwuka.
Please feel free to comment on this poem.
However, please remember, 
Sublimepoems is a place of 
encouragement and growth.

"Heartbroken"
I thought I'd found true love,
the instant I met you.
My soul was drawn to yours and honestly,
Tried as I could, there wasn't a thing,
that could stop me from loving you,
Then with my feelings alongside my good intentions,
I came knocking at the door of your heart,
But you just wouldn't let me.
A thousand times I've given it a try
And a million times you have repelled me still.
What did I ever do to deserve this?
What wrong did I commit?
Might be issues of putting trust,
Your most prized asset it would seem,
On these frail shoulders of mine.
And I'm so okay with that
Cos ready am I to fight to the last breath,
To earn your trust,
Sadly, you won't even give me a fighting chance,
It's as Though I've committed a crime falling for you,
An offence to have surrendered,
my body,soul and spirit over to your love,
It's not like I've got the willpower
to control where my feelings pitch their tent,
Its not my doing that they found
An habitable abode in the courts of your heart.
The many times you've said no
has shattered my heart into tiny fragments,
An excruciating experience this has been for me,
But all I ask, the only thing I seek
Is just a chance to prove to you
that it's not all sugarcoated lies
I want you to see through my eyes
And know that this feeling is true
This heart right here,
beats only for you.
All I ever want to do,
Is to share this love I feel,
Which Burns deep and is real,
with no other but you...
Babe, do not drive me away,
for my heart will all the more
become miserable, far worse than before,
Give me a chance to whisper in your ears,
by the light of day,
And under the sparkling stars of the night,
The depth of this love,
which for you I tend to,
In the garden court of my heart..
....for all lovers of good poetry 
September 26,2016.
Form- Free verse, Love.
Share on Google Plus

About Victor Chukwuka

Blogger, Fashion Icon, Online PR, An Avid Reader

0 comments: