Follow

{Loneliness,the bane of Old age}-Poem By Victor Chukwuka

Below is the poem entitled  
{Loneliness,the bane of Old age}
which was written by poet  
Victor Chukwuka .
Please feel free to comment
on this poem. However, please 
remember,  SublimePoems is a 
place of encouragement and growth.

Read Poems by Victor Chukwuka

Latest Shared Quote
"While for children, doing nothing ignites happiness,
Misery, does it bring to Old men"


{Loneliness,the bane of Old age}
If I could turn back the hands of time
to those golden moments
if life could double back
to my days of youth
Strength, was a close friend,
I had legs, tougher than Iron,
Once could I run, swifter than the gazelle,
My biceps, in times past was built to perfection,
When I stood,the day adored me,
When I roared, the night quietens.  Those good days,
How they've departed with age!!
Gone with the sunset,
I look beyond the horizon,
what do my eyes behold,
What do they see!!!!
The death of youth.
The passing of my golden age,
Like wine, once was it sweet
Now it has cleared from my eyes,
Oh!! don't wander from me afar off,
come, grant succor to my wornout soul,
Give strength back to these dying bones,
Life, to this fading body!!!
There's no one left,
Not the birds to sing of my valour,
Not the Earth to tell of my prowess, I've become a wasted land,
Dry and uninhabitable
I'm the sun,
That thirsts for evasive rays
The stars, that search for their glory but can't find,
How harsh Old age is!!!
How cruel you've become to my soul,
The burden of forlornness
have you dropped on these fragile shoulders to carry,
To walk the ends of the Earth I'm left to tarry
A fate too bitter to swallow
while you sit on and watch,
You gird your loins and make ready,
These fetters of yours with only one aim,
To deliver to the dust my name.
I sit here, hands on my chin,
With only one thought in mind,
One thought to ponder upon,
A time ago, I had the strength of a thousand,
In me lied the might of the gods.
I had it all, full in my quiver
but here I am, with bones wriggling
Like leaves shaken by the harmattan breeze,
Flesh, a shadow of the past
And spirit weary with age.
See as the morning makes of me a funny jest,
The daystar mocks me with splitting jeers
And they say In between breaths,
See what has become of him!!,
Once a sprouting tree,
Now a wiry leaf at the crossroads of life and death.
Oh!! see how life has passed before my eyes,
Please I cry for all to hear!!!
come back,  save me from this shame,
Return me back to my peak,
lift me on your fleeting wings to the time of my apogee.
I'd give anything for this,
Just to see this heartache disappear,
So I can overcome this biting fear...
 

©Victor Chukwuka
10th September 2016.
......for all lovers of good poetry.
Share on Google Plus

About Victor Chukwuka

Blogger, Fashion Icon, Online PR, An Avid Reader

0 comments: