Follow

{I Am Me}- Poem By Victor Chukwuka

Below is the poem entitled  
"{I Am Me}"
which was written by poet  
Victor Chukwuka .
Please feel free to comment
on this poem. However, please remember,  
SublimePoems is a place of 
encouragement and growth.

Read Poems by Victor Chukwuka

Poet's Note- "I will make it through,and so will you".

{I Am Me}
 

I may not be who you want me to be.
Neither may I see as you'd expect me to see,
I wasn't raised as others were,
That's because I am me

I may not talk as you'd want me to,
Neither will I stoop so low,
To satisfy someone else's interest at my life's expense
That's because I am me.

I may not align my thoughts with yours,
Neither will I be a friend to you by force,
I may not reason as you do,
Because I am me.

Unlike you, I will not wallow in defeat,
For you,it's probably an achievable feat,
I will not surrender my soul to grief,
That's cos I'm me.

The stars I'll rise and touch,
Friends I'll treat as such,
I'll be the best I can possibly be,
that's because I'm me.

I don't need someone else's vain words that stress,
And reaffirm what I already know,
I'll rise above challenges and taste success,
That's because I am me.

A mortal man I do not need to look through,
my soul to see the greatness,
buried within which's real and true,
That's because I remain me...



Victor Chukwuka
Share on Google Plus

About Victor Chukwuka

Blogger, Fashion Icon, Online PR, An Avid Reader

0 comments: