Follow

Words!!- A Love Poem by John Ivan Kaunda


Below is the poem entitled  
{Words!!} which was written by poet {John Ivan Kaunda}
Please feel free to comment 
on this poem. However, please remember, Sublimepoems is a 
place of encouragement and growth.
Read Poems by {John Ivan Kaunda}


Words!!
"Sticks and stones may break my bones
But your words will never hurt me"
 

Words O words
They're here and they're there.
And if you look closely enough,
You could see a word fly right through the air.

I'm only a girl,
With a story to tell.
Tis' the story of many a teenage girl,
A story of very many words.

He came bearing gifts
Good looks and wit.
Of all that he possessed,
Nothing could match his sweet words.

[Then he said, "I love you."]

The first time I heard those words
My heart nearly sunk into my stomach.
They were the sweetest words I had ever heard,
When he said them I was completely awestruck.

"I love you too," said I,
Smiling as I looked into his eyes.
Finally I had someone who loved me,
"O happy days are here," I thought to myself quite gladly.

His words brought me comfort,
Whenever I felt down.
Every single word he wrote
Would transform into smiles all my sad little frowns.

[I was in love with a boy
Who had a way with words.
Did I mention his name was Troy?
He had me believing I could fly like a bird.]

He would text me late at night
Only to say that I was the best.
Loving him felt all so right
I was sure he was different from the rest.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones
But your words will never hurt me"

Well sticks and stones never broke my bones
But his words did very much hurt me.

Out of the blue,
Cold and distant he grew.
No longer did we talk like we used to
And all those sweet words became a thing of the past too.

[He had changed,
He wasn't the same boy I had fallen for.
His actions were quite strange,
I had no idea where my Troy was anymore.]

Verbally he began to tear me apart,
His words, like hammers broke my little fragile heart.

Although he left, his words remained,
I'd sit still in my room and re-read all his lovely texts.
Even though my heart bled and ached because of all the pain,
I knew I'd never again find a boy with such sweet words as his.

John Ivan Kaunda
Share on Google Plus

About Victor Chukwuka

Blogger, Fashion Icon, Online PR, An Avid Reader

0 comments: